Friday, June 05, 2009

One on one with #3 son

This is my darling 3rd son.

Many years ago, while the two older boys were away at school for the day, he and I would hang out in my garden.

He is now 14 1/2 and nearly 6' 1" tall. We don't spend a lot of time one on one anymore. He will not even play one on one basketball with me anymore!

A couple of weeks ago, I kidnapped him and took him out to dinner. Just the two of us. He spent most of the time asking why I was doing this and the other half of the time txting his friends. I resorted to other diversions...



The two girls in the booth in front of us were the complete opposite of us. While my son barely spoke to me at all, one of the girls in the booth in front of us NEVER STOPPED TALKING! I couldn't help myself, I had to film it. As you can see, it did get Jonathan's attention.

Even though the outing didn't go as planned, it went far better than this disaster, below:


Silk garden socks, way too big!

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh my, does that ever look familiar. I am a constant burr in Erik's hide. He can't be seen with me in public either.
My sympathy is with you!

Lynn said...

ROTFL!!!! OMG I can just HEAR the mortification of you filming those girls (who never did notice) and your son saying Mom Mom. LOL

Torhild Reidardatter said...

hi,hi,, you are soooo gooooood.

Beverly said...

They must have been really good friends. That would drive me up the wool.

Too bad about the socks. The Silk Garden tends to grow even more when blocked.

carlita dee said...

I so miss publicly embarrassing my son. Genius!

Fran said...

Ha ha ha! Good move. Your son looks so adorable in that picture. Mine is 7 now and still enjoys doing things with me. I'm really not looking forward to his teens - I will really miss my #1 son (from Charlie Chan movies). :(

Carrie said...

Lol... wonder what those girls are up to now...

What have you been up to??? Taking a blogging break??

Hope all is well and happy :)