Friday, December 08, 2006

Georgia O'Keeffe I'm Not

I adore her paintings. I can stand before one and lose myself in dreams of possiblities. What do you see when you see these?




The one above reminded me of a scene I watch grow each day as I do the dishes -

This time, when I saw this, rather than dream about the obvious, I was reminded of some super giant needles I bought at a yard sale. I got to thinking about colors and textures and I remembered that I had some super bulky mohair boucle that I bought at Rhinebeck -





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your photos today! your still-lifes with the apples and yarn are beautiful. georgia o'keeffe's paintings are true gifts.

AR said...

Haha, I was staring at the next to the last picture, trying to fiure out why those apples were so tiny!

Thank God It's Friday!!

Beautiful pictures!

Mary Anne said...

I have loved Georgia's paintings forever. How cool that looking at her work connected you to knitting.

Sharon G. said...

Holy smokes, those are ginormous needles. The pictures are beautiful.

hakucho said...

Your still life with knitting and apples is beautiful! I think Georgia would approve :)

del said...

Beautiful pics! Those paintings make me think "female".

Nickie said...

I'm with you Del...Georgia's paintings are all about the female thing. Love Georgia! Thanks for posting the paintings Deborah!

OOOO skunks! Nasty smell...hope it goes away asap! We've had raccoons in the house via the cat door and not only are they dirty devils but nasty suckers. Love the boucle yarn!

Patricia said...

Georgia definately had the female symbolism going on.