Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knitters Coffee Swap questionnaire


I'm being scolded for being late with posting my questionnaire. This is for one of my swaps where we'll be swapping knitting stuff and coffee. Sounds like fun right? Should be a high octane blast!

I've edited this post to include a little commentary on my favorite coffee mug -

I've had this mug for over 10 years and it was in pristine condition, even with everyday use. I love this mug. I bought it from a small boutique in West Orange. It features some folk scenes of farm children playing with animals. I've seen the exact same motif on needlepoint tablecloths in Jamaica 25 years ago (that I bought but don't know where in the world they've disappeared to during our zillion and one moves from New York City apartments and then to suburbia). When I saw the mug, I only had $50 dollars on me at the time and I could only buy one. Every time I wanted to go back and buy more, something came up and well, that's the brief explanation as to why I only have one.

Yesterday, I don't know how, but something dropped from the cupboard and hit my precious mug and chipped it! So I am now faced with accepting that my favorite mug will have to be retired to the statuette shelf.

So, there you have it. Back to the regularly scheduled program...


1. Whole bean or ground? Either one, I own a noisy mill
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully loaded or I'd drink tea
3. Regular or flavored? Regular, can't get into coffee as milkshake
4. How do you drink your coffee? Hot, light and sweet - sounds like a metaphor, right?
5. Favorite coffee ever? Jamaican Blue Mountain, fogettaboutit - can't afford it now
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I don't know why, but supermarket coffee makes me gag
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? time and solitude
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I also enjoy the mug it goes into
9. What treats do you enjoy with your coffee? See # 7
10. Yarn/fiber you love? Anything soft
11. Yarn/fiber you hate? Scratchy yarn unless I'm felting it
12. What's on your needles? Afghan, sweater, hats, facecloths, scarves... you get the idea
13. Favorite colors? I have color ADD, today it's nature tones
14. Allergies? Cats, sorry I still love them
15. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I enjoy swapping but I don't enjoy whiney swappers - it's a crap shoot yall, if you get crap or no crap at all, join another swap! Part of the fun is the known unknown (sorry wrong quote, by a really wrong guy!)

2 comments:

LaVerna said...

Thanks for posting Deb!I'll see what I can rustle up for you.

Unknown said...

Deb -

The good news is that the Harbon site (www.harbon.com) sells the water-based decals on your favorite mug (It's Pattern #1710-
African American Children - People). I use these decals all the time to decorate cups, plates, porcelain pieces, etc & they're excellent. Contact me & I can walk you through the process.